WHAT IS CHIROPRACTIC?
Chiropractic is safe, gentle and unbelievably effective and the 3rd largest health-care system in the world. The nervous system is known as the “master control system”, controlling EVERYTHING that happens in the body. Interference to the nervous system caused by misalignments of the spine (known as a vertebral subluxation) significantly robs the body of its ability to function at 100%, and is the cause of many common health conditions people suffer from every day. By realigning the spine, chiropractic allows the body to function free from interference, just as nature designed. The body requires no help, just no interference.
HOW DO I KNOW WHETHER I NEED TO SEE A CHIROPRACTOR?
Just like we go to the dentist for regular check-ups, everyone should get his/her spine checked. Less than 10% of your nervous system perceives pain, the other 90% is responsible for allowing your body function properly; it is possible to have nerve interference and feel perfectly healthy. How you feel is a poor judge of your health. By the time symptoms appear, many spinal problems are advanced. Chiropractic focuses on correcting the underlying cause of the problem (vertebral subluxations) and showing you ways to keep from recreating the same problems in the future.
WHAT IS A VERTEBRAL SUBLUXATION AND HOW IS IT CAUSED?
HOW IS A SUBLUXATION CORRECTED?
Through gentle adjustments, Chiropractor’s help to restore the spine to its nice healthy position so the nervous system can function and heal at its full potential. Where necessary, we also prescribe specific exercises and traction to be completed at home to help you get the maximum benefit from your adjustments, and minimize the effects of repetitive activities on their spine and nervous system.
HOW MANY ADJUSTMENTS WILL I NEED?
This is a question that we can answer only after a thorough consultation and examination has been performed. Recommendations will be based on the severity of your health concerns, the condition that your spine is in, and your specific health goals.
SHOULD MY BABY OR CHILD HAVE THEIR SPINE CHECKED?
CAN I HAVE CHIROPRACTIC CARE IF I AM PREGNANT?
WILL I BE ADJUSTED ON MY FIRST VISIT?
Generally not. At Casuarina Chiropractic we pride ourselves on being very safe, thorough and effective. In order for us to do this a thorough consultation and examination (including x-rays if necessary) will be performed, and we will want to review these findings before we perform any adjustments.
WHAT TECHNIQUES WILL THE CHIROPRACTOR USE?
Dr Jane has a range of different techniques, which enables her to safely take care of people of all ages, from babies to the elderly. She utilizes manual techniques, which are what chiropractic was founded on, and more modernized techniques, which use the assistance of a drop table, and other specialized adjusting instruments such as an Activator. The type of care that we give is determined by both the patient’s preference and the condition of their spine. Some of the techniques are so gentle that even babies and those who have advanced osteoporosis are able to have chiropractic care.